Tuesday 25 February 2014

Day 100: EAS Class

Firstly I will add that I spent the afternoon watching Only Lovers Left Alive. I've since discovered it's on a VERY short run, so if any of my readers want to see it check your local times very carefully! There is a DVD available on preorder on Amazon at the moment and I highly recommend the film to anyone who loves music, artistic photography, guitars, any of the cast members, understated/natural acting, and getting totally tripped out Hendrix-style.

Drama class today was a physical/mime session, taking in everything from slow-motion to Shakespeare via silent movies and one-sentence scenes. Got through a lot more water than usual, but I'm really starting to feel more confident and willing to play in these sessions. Pretty soon the new term will be upon us, which may mean a few new faces and names to learn, and hopefully will mean getting to revisit some of the styles and themes we've been introduced to this term. Next week we're to bring along the lyrics to a favorite song, though we've been assured we won't be singing, and to choose something accordingly lyrical. I have a couple of ideas...

Very much looking forward to the comedy workshop run by EAS I'll be joining this weekend. Today's session felt like a good warmup, and I've been told there's only eight of us signed up to do it so far so it's likely to be plenty of hard work! In a good way, of course, and I suspect that'll also mean plenty of scope/time for individual feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment