Tuesday 4 February 2014

Day 80: EAS day/no play.

I'm going to keep this brief since my laptop has stepped up it's death throes and I don't want to keep it running too long while it's in this state. Did some excellent characterisation work today, using the same scripts as last week we were first set mixed-group improv scenes in crisis situations (my group was shipwrecked, and characters included and 8 year old boy and and an insulin-dependent diabetic) using what we knew or felt able to add to our scripted characters. The second excersise was to take that characterisation back to the scenes as scripted, but to work through the scene in our own words from an approximate memory without looking at the script. Finally with the feelings brought out in those two scenarios, we went straight into performing from the script to the class. Every scene came out much more emotional, much more natural and much more off the page. Definitely something I can take away as a method to use in building the characters for my monologues for the Shakespeare certs and later for auditions. Next week we'll be working on some more general acting excersises rather than direct script work, and in the mean time I plan to go along to trial sessions for Alexander Technique and Pilates at DanceBase this week. Definitely glad I made the decision to join EAS - I feel like I've got a bit of the lost mojo from earlier in the week back, and I'm starting to feel more open and trusting with my acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment