Friday 17 January 2014

Day 62: Taking a day.

I had plans for working today, but it turns out I needed some time to think through that first rejection. It won't be the last, and it's not the end of the line. It means a full weekend, but with the new allowance of 2 days off a week for the project, it's not a failure either. I know I'm out of practice, and from the tone of the email I feel as though there's still the spark in there, it's just been buried under years of thinking this was a path I'd never see again, much less embark on it. I'm nervous about trusting an audience... that's a new feeling for me. I never suffered stage fright as a kid, just revelled in the high at the end of a show, and the creative process to get there. The deeper into this project I get, the more things I find that I need to work on, and the harder the journey looks. But I'm on this journey now and giving up isn't an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment