Tuesday 21 January 2014

Day 66: No script, first class at EAS.

First of my two days off reading this week, and very definitely a Skills Day. Tonight was the first class of the new term at Edinburgh Acting School. Lots of fun, and aside from warmup and wind-down games the bulk of the evening was dedicated to two sets of small group improvisation scenes. Certainly a relief to be breaking in with the comfortable side of things, LARP has kept me a bit more limber with my improv skills than I am with a script. Said script work is scheduled to start next week, with the promise of working through character development and staging in the coming weeks. All in all, I'm looking forward to it. At the moment I'm mostly hoping to open up and be more trusting with the audience and other actors... mostly learn to play with (and FOR) others again. Also will work on listening. I still talk waaaay to much in social time before and after class, and that's partly just the way I handle new-group nerves, but it's also something of a habit that makes me look like an attention-grabbing loony which isn't what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment